Monday, June 8, 2009

Diet... that doesn't seem to be working?

Ever since my dad had a heart attack back in early May, I have been watching my diet because

i) i am an honest person in that i realize that my waistline is getting bigger... sigh...
ii) i don't wish to upgrade my current spare tire from motor vehicle class to commercial vehicle class (read : from car sized spare tire to lorry sized spare tire)...
iii) all those mean jokes about fatso, fatty, fathead, fei hai, etc is coming back to erm... haunt me... yeah, karma's a bitch... ops... i shouldn't say that, karma might hit me harder...
iv) i don't wish to spend more money from buying new pants once every 2 years to once every year...
v) i am alarmed at the way i've been so addicted to sinful food like nasi lemak and bakuteh...
vi) i am alarmed at the way that i've been eating too much meat of any kind and eating less greens and fruits...
vii) i am afraid that i need to get more horses under the hood of my evo so i can still have the same power-to-weight ratio... this would also mean a very huge hole in my bank account, my pocket, my wallet, my erm... whatever...

Anyway, i had been eating oats for breakfast with some simple sandwiches to make sure it lasts till lunch time and i don't start chewing on my laptop and swallowing it. it has been 5 weeks now and generally, my breakfast looks something like this...

plain oats with cherry tomatoes (somehow i like this combo a lot... i dunno why)
sandwich of some kind - tuna, scrambled egg, bacon, cheese, sausage... no no no... not all at the same time... its more like a "rotation" of those from monday to friday. sometimes it can be 2, like today...

today's sandwich - gardenia's butterscotch (with raisins) with tuna and scrambled egg

I was pleasantly surprised with the Gardenia's Butterscotch (with raisins) bread. It costs RM 4.00 for a loaf (yeah... freaking expensive) but the taste makes up for it, i guess... the butter taste is just nice and the raisins add a nice touch to it. I had 2 slices of it, both with tuna and scrambled egg... and guess what?

I'm full... very full, in fact. I guess this is why my weight doesn't seem to come down. I'm still at 68kg now, the same as 5 weeks ago. Damn... I guess I'm still eating too much for lunch and dinner and I need to start exercising again. Health and fitness doesn't only mean eating right, it also means living right - which includes workouts, sports... basically getting off of my lazy bum and sweating it out... Guess its time to reactivate my Celebrity Fitness membership...

No comments:

Post a Comment